javascript:void(0)

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Creative Scrapbook - two more kit layouts . . .

I have a couple more My Creative Scrapbook kit layouts to share . . . 

There's a great vintage flea market every Sunday close to my house, and I love to hunt for treasures there. After seeing these Crate Paper Restoration papers and die-cuts, I new I wanted to do a layout with pictures from the flea market.  So I made a trip to the flea market for the sole purpose of snapping some photos for my page.  In between snapping photos I just happened to find a few little vintage goodies that I "needed" to buy for my scrap stash . . . . hehehehehe.


I used a CoffeeShop Action in Photoshop to give the photos a vintage look and then I added a Holly McCaig digital border to each of them.

See the little picture of the suitcase on the top right? That suitcase was filled with lovely vintage linens.  I bought a couple of  oversized napkins (small tablecloths?) with a beautiful, detailed hand-crocheted trim around the edge . . . perfect for future scrapbook pages and other crafty projects. 




Here's another layout I did with the fabulous kit.  One thing I love about these Restoration papers is that there are so many pretty flowers and spirals to cut out.



I used the tab from the Prima flower packaging to make a pull-out tab for my journaling  -- a little handwritten love note to my daughter with bits of "motherly advice" from me.  Sometimes I feel more free to write and express my feelings when I know the journaling will be hidden.

It's been wonderful being a guest DT member at My Creative Scrapbook this month!  Pam and her uber-talented  Design Team girls have been so warm and welcoming.  And as you can see, the kit I got to play with is FULL of beautiful products.  Thank you, Pam, for having me as your guest this month!!

17 comments:

Tracee said...

both FANTASTIQUE!! love the way the flea market makes you feel like you are actually browsing round with all the lovely elements on.
Hugs Tracee x

Lynn said...

wow i love both layouts!!
Gorgeous work as usual! :)

Jocelyn said...

You are so very talented and I just adore both of these!!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

liana suwandi said...

Stacy... this is so pretty and love all the feminine touch of you!
Have a great weekend.

Jami said...

Oh Stacy, these are both amazing. Your work is so inspiring. I love how you tucked the journaling tag behind the photo, and all the details in that first project just totally floor me!! It's always a treat to visit your blog!

Anonymous said...

Stacy your LO'S are absolutely stunning....I can't tell you enough how inspiring you are to me. :-)

Yoli said...

OMG! I stopped by your blog to ask you a question and found these beautiful LOs that still have me drooling! I especially luv, luv, luv the flea market LO. I saved a copy for future reference. Simply awesome!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous layouts!!

Melissa said...

Amazing job! I love all of the details that went into this. You really want to look at every inch!

Nerrida said...

Eww, I love that flea market page - fantastic work.

Kim J said...

Stacy, that Flea Market layout is SO cool! Love how you put the Lost & Found button card on there without removing the buttons--ingenious, and it looks fabulous. Love the unexpected touches. :)

Christiane said...

again and again: BREATHTAKING!! :))
hus

LollyChops said...

I absolutely adore these LOs! I esp like the flea market one! So clever!!!!!

HUGS!

Sheila said...

so very beautiful!

Wendy Hammer said...

Your layouts and projects are so beautiful! Love all of it!

Smiles,
Wendy ♥♥♥

My Etsy Shop ♥
My Blog ♥
Wendy Hammer Designs Design Team Call ♥

Wendy Hammer said...

Smiles,
Wendy ♥♥♥

My Etsy Shop ♥
My Blog ♥
Wendy Hammer Designs Design Team Call ♥

Patricia said...

adore this layuot... Gorgeous!