javascript:void(0)

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday, Monday . . .

Happy Monday, everyone!  After one of my busiest months ever, I'm finally coming up for air.    Phew!!

I scrapped most of the weekend, but I took a little break yesterday to help my girls with a lemonade and cookie stand to raise money for their school.  Their school is in dire financial straights and at risk of having many crucial programs cut and the class sizes increased next year (thanks to the huge budget deficit in our state and legislators who don't realize the importance of public education . . . but I digress).  

Business was pretty slow under my supervision.  During the first 45 minutes we only had two customers, and one of those was my mom who made a special trip to our house to support the girls' charitable and entrepreneurial endeavor (thanks Mom!). 
The girls started to get bored and discouraged, and soon they began eating and drinking the profits (and I admit that I had a cookie or two). It was not going as planned.  But then my husband came outside and, being the business "go-getter" he is, he shook things up a bit.  Before I knew it, the signs were off the table and the girls were up on their feet, waving their signs and shouting "Lemonade and cookies! Support our school!"  
That did the trick!  People were smiling, honking, waving and . . . finally . . . stopping to buy lemonade and cookies. We had a constant flow of business for the next hour, and the girls raised $60 for their school!  It's only a drop in the bucket compared to what's needed, but every little bit counts, right?  Most importantly, the girls felt good about raising the money and they had a ball doing it.   They're already planning their next sale!  

Since Easter was yesterday, I thought I would share a page I created for Creating Keepsakes.   My stepmother celebrates Easter, so every year the girls get to have an Easter egg hunt at her house.  The journaling says: Every year you girls look forward to going Easter egg hunting at Grandpa and Mumsie's house.  We've learned from past experience to count the eggs before we hide them so that we know when all the eggs have been found.  A couple of times we've stumbled upon a treat-filled egg that we hid the previous year.  Yuck! April 2010.

As seen in the March/April 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Published with prior permission from the publisher. 

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome of your girls to raise money for the school. They did a great job raising 60.00 from a lemonade and cookie sale.
Love the layout, it is so soft and pretty. Looking forward to your new class starting on the 1st.

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is such a darling layout Stacey. Love the lacing and those adorable photos of your little princesses. Well done too to raise money for their school!
Good luck, hope it all works out. Education is so important!

Mel said...

Oh how wonderful the girls raised money for their school, I think this is such a wonderful thing for them to learn, that is why Nate helps me at the local food bank on Fridays....I wish their school the best for their future. I just loved this layout in the mag. You are an awesome scrapper and I hope you and your family stay well. Love Mel and Natexx

Katherine said...

Your girls did really well for their school. Beautiful LO, love the way the flowers peep out from behind the lacing.

Jocelyn said...

I am so proud of your girls....it warmed my heart...and yay for Daddy getting it started for them!!!! How adorable!!!

Love that LO....so pretty and soft!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I just love your LO Stacy!!!!!
Love the lacing ahd the photos are so gorgeus!!!
I love the post, and the twoo girls look so pretty, nice to do limomade and cookies for raise money for their school!!!!
Good job.
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

liana suwandi said...

awww your girls did so well on helping their school, thanks for sharing these. And... that layout on CK is georgous!!!