javascript:void(0)

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Creating Keepsakes Editorial Meetings

I had an AMAZING week last week!  I traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah for Creating Keepsakes magazine's annual editorial board meetings.  I joined the CK editorial and creative staff and some of my fellow CK Dream Members for the meetings.  We evaluated reader survey results, discussed the issues from the past year, talked about current trends in the industry, and brainstormed about ideas for future issues. It was such a privilege to be part of this process!  I am very excited about what lies ahead for Creating Keepsakes!

Between meetings we had a TON of fun.  I have a few pictures to share.  Here we are at the Creating Keepakes and Paper Crafts office:


That's me, Jana Morton, Gretchen McElveen, Joannie McBride, Jing-Jing Nickel, Autumn Baldwin and Laina Lamb.  These ladies are awesome -- they are just as sweet as could be!   We chatted and bonded and laughed a LOT.  The rest of the CK editorial and creative staff was just as wonderful!

We were treated to tours of Stampin' Up!, American Crafts, and Persnickety Prints. I am so impressed with all three of these companies.  Here we are in front of American Crafts:


A funny thing happened on the way to American Crafts . . . somebody (whose name I won't mention) ran out of gas.  Oopsie!  We will certainly be laughing about this for years to come.


Notice that the faces and the license plate are covered to protect the innocent (and the guilty). Heeeheehee.

We also ate some DELCIOUS meals while we were there.  The food highlight for me were these incredibly delicious maple bar donuts from Harmons Grocery store:

I've been dreaming about these maple bars ever since I got home.  They are topped with maple buttercream frosting!!  How decadent is that?!?

Back to the CK business stuff . . . we also talked about a big change that's coming up.  CK is doing what's necessary to keep up with technology.  Starting with the May/June issue of Creating Keepsakes, a great deal of the content will be in digital form.  If you have a subscription to the print copy of Creating Keepsakes, you also have free access to the digital issue.  If you haven't signed up for the digital issue, you can follow these instructions to sign up. While we can still enjoy the print edition of Creating Keepsakes, the digital issue includes everything in the print edition plus a whole lot more.  And I can share a fun little secret: the Jul/Aug issue is going to contain a Digital Scrapbooking Insert - an entire section dedicated to digital scrapbooking!  Of course there will still be lots of inspiring paper layouts in this issue.

Whew!!  I feel like I need a nap just reliving these fun-filled days with the Creating Keepsakes peeps.  Thank you, CK, for allowing me to be part of it!

2 comments:

Keshet said...

Those donuts are making me hungry:) Looks like a fun time!

Gretchen said...

great!! now i want one of those donuts!!hehehe